Do you despise cleaning? Would you rather take a nap than pick up a broom? You can avoid cleaning for as long as you wish, but the dirt will just keep piling up. Thankfully there are many different simple tips that can help you keep your home tidy and clean. Take a look at the 7 cleaning tips below and be encouraged that cleaning can be easier and less time-consuming than you thought!
1. Probably the biggest issue with cleaning your home is how easily you can get distracted. We have all been there: while dusting your bookshelf you come across a book you haven’t read in years and start flipping through the pages. Before you know it, an hour has gone by and you have only managed to dust one shelf. There is a way around this. To help keep yourself on task and not get distracted try setting a timer. You may find yourself pushing to get as much done as possible in the time frame you have selected, which means you may get more done than you initially set out to do.
2. Keep your cleaning supplies in one designated area. If you have to go from room to room to find different items you will be wasting time and will tire yourself out faster. Have all your cleaning products in one area for easy access.
3. Time to clean your shower? Get two things done at once. If you carry Eco-friendly cleaning products why not shower while cleaning the shower? You will be able to reach further and see dirt you may otherwise miss.
4. Four hands are better than two. If you know someone who despises cleaning as much as you, clean your homes together. You will be able to enjoy each others company, help each other out and get things done.
5. Some people believe pizza cooked right on the rack cooks better. If you are one of these people, the bottom of your oven can become quite filthy with cheese droppings, crumbs, and more. Make your cleaning easier by lining the bottom with a nonstick ovenliner that is dishwasher safe.
6. If you don’t have the luxury of a dishwasher doing dishes by hand can be extremely tedious after making a meal. Help it go faster by getting your sink ready with soap and hot water before you start prepping your food. After you are finished with a dish let it soak in the water. It will mean less scrubbing when you are finished eating and less prune hands.
7. For bathroom and kitchen surfaces make sure you are letting your cleaners soak before you start wiping them away. Follow the directions on the bottle to find out how long you should be letting it soak for. You may be surprised at how easily the dirt will come off without scrubbing when you let the product soak.